The Four Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Four Nations

Set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, but a few decades before the Hundred Year War broke out. This is during Roku's days as the Avatar, while he was in his early 20s.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Four Nations!
See here for breaking news
Enjoy the No Character Limit while you can!
Fire Nation is best nation
<-- That's a lie and he knows it

Cold and Bored l Open

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dew

Dew

Yuan : 8369

Cold and Bored l Open Empty
PostSubject: Cold and Bored l Open   Cold and Bored l Open I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Life was boring. Torano wanted something more from life other than training to be a warrior without water and helping hunt for food. It was slightly better than the jobs the women had because they had to stay at home all day and that sounded even more boring to Torano. But he had to do the same things every day, despite them being more involved. Sitting around on his own, Torano thought about what it would be like to travel the world. Seeing the other nations and meeting different people than the ones in his tribe sounded so much more entertaining. Why hadn't he been born an air nomad? That would have been so much better than sitting in the water tribe, carving wood into something that didn't even resemble what he had intended to make.

Glancing down at his current creation Torano grumbled before throwing it several feet away from him into the snow with an angry shout, falling backward over the bench he was sitting on. Groaning he flung his hands over his eyes to block them from the harsh sun coming from above. Why didn't it ever melt something? It very rarely had to fight the clouds during the day when it was out, though it was never out for very long. Still, it was always bitterly cold.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Yuan : 8366

PostSubject: Re: Cold and Bored l Open   Cold and Bored l Open I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:29 pm

He looked so lonely. All he had was a piece of wood in his hand as he carved out some picture. It looked pretty neat and he was someone Ringa had never seen before. Wrapped up in a large coat, she walked over to him, sitting down next to him in the shallow snow that blanketed the ice underneath. "Everything okay?" she asked, looking up at the boy who was blocking the sun with his hands. He looked about as grumpy as she felt. Boredom had taken its toll today. The healing lessons were great and all, but she felt that she had learned just about all that she could at her age and no one would teacher her how to fight even though it wasn't that appealing to her. It would be nice for self defense or something... "You seem... bored." It was a bit of an understatement but she could empathize.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: Cold and Bored l Open   Cold and Bored l Open I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 9:35 pm

Torano hadn't expected someone to join him, he'd been sitting alone, not doing anything particularly interesting, when he heard footsteps approaching in the snow. He expected it to be someone to come get him for the next hunting patrol or to help sharpen some of the weapons. But the voice he heard was female and not one he recognized, either. Slowly he turned his head, removing his hands from his eyes to look at her. She was vaguely familiar, enough to get stuck in his head but not enough to be completely recognizable.

"Yeah." Was all he said in response to both her question and her statement. There wasn't much else to say, she hadn't offered up much of a conversation. For a moment he didn't say anything else and then he opened his mouth, trying to think of something to say on the spot. "Um, do you know of anything to do?' Other than sit around and do nothing, but he didn't add the last bit.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Cold and Bored l Open   Cold and Bored l Open I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Honestly, Ringa was at a loss. Outside of doing the usual chores, she wasn't entirely sure what there was to do. They were both a little too big for children's games but she was tired of sitting and doing nothing. With a small shrug, she tried to think of ideas. "I'm not entirely sure..." she sounded almost defeated. She couldn't come up with any ideas. However, there wasn't much to do around here with ice everywhere they looked. After a few minutes, though, an idea suddenly popped into her head. "Why don't we go sledding?" she asked, looking over at her somewhat new friend. "There's this really big hill not too far and it would be a lot of fun! Maybe we will run into some otter penguins while we're out there!" There was a sudden excitement in her voice as she thought about it. It had been a while since she had been sledding since she'd never really had much time but this was perfect!
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: Cold and Bored l Open   Cold and Bored l Open I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Traveling was Torano's dream, but he had been told that they couldn't leave the tribe at any old time. They would need good reason to. But that just meant he would never leave because there was never a good reason to go. Torano hadn't necessarily outgrown kids games, sometimes he enjoyed playing with the younger members of the water tribe along with his younger siblings. But he'd never brought it up with someone closer to his age. He thought about what she said as he lay there, not sure if he really wanted to go sledding. But she began to sound really excited and part of Torano yearned to have that same feeling. So he consented. "Sure, I guess." With this he stood, offering his hand to help her up if she wanted it.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Cold and Bored l Open   Cold and Bored l Open I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 7:33 pm

With a silly expression, she gladly accepted his hand with a giggle. "Don't sound so excited. You might wake the old people," she teased, wiping the snow off of her clothing after she stood up with his help. Clasping her hands together she gave him a quick smile before she began to head out of the village. "Come on!" she told him, waving at him to come with her. Excitedly, she continued out into the middle of the snow, trying to find the perfect hill to slide down. It took a little bit of hunting but soon, she came across the perfect slope. It was gorgeous, covered in a perfect sheet of snow untouched by anything but the wind. "Here we are! Should I race you to the top?" she asked Torano.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: Cold and Bored l Open   Cold and Bored l Open I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 9:33 pm

The joke didn't slide passed Torano, he just wasn't used to doing childish things for the sole purpose of doing something interesting. He hadn't gone sledding in a long time and the idea of going now, when he was basically an adult, was weird. So he wasn't one hundred percent excited, he just liked the idea of having something to do instead of sit around all day. Torano followed her out of the village. She seemed very excited about this and Torano wasn't sure if he should be excited as well or if he should continue what he was doing. It was nice having something to do and his legs appreciated that he had gotten up, but sledding wouldn't have been his first choice.

Wait, race to the top? Torano didn't think that was truly fair, considering he was in training to fight with the water tribe army and could easily run in the snow with a heavy coat. He was even wearing lighter clothes than during training because they practiced with their weapons on their backs. But she seemed excited about the idea of racing so he shrugged. "Sounds like fun." Though he wasn't sure how to start the race. Maybe he should let her so she could have a head start? He didn't want her to seem too upset when she lost, because she didn't appear physically fit enough for the task. Though it was hard to tell with her winter clothes layered up to keep out the cold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold and Bored l Open   Cold and Bored l Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold and Bored l Open
Page 1 of 1